Foresters Friendly Society is based in central Southampton and is easily accessible by public transport. We offer a friendly, relaxed and pleasant environment to work in, as well as an active social committee who frequently organise staff events.
Please find below links to the current career opportunities available with us.
Head Office Vacancies
CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
OPPORTUNITY IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
Foresters Friendly Society is a mutual insurer based in Southampton, providing a range of long term savings and investment insurance-based products plus social and benevolent benefits to a membership of over 75,000. We have been looking after our policyholders and members for over 180 years, managing assets on their behalf in excess of £275m. Our mission is to be the most member-centric financial mutual in the UK that puts service to members at the core of everything we aim to achieve.
CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER (CIO)
After a period of significant change, a recent acquisition and in support of the Society’s mission, the Board of Directors is seeking to appoint a Chief Investment Officer to take responsibility for all aspects of the Society’s investments. The key aspects of the role are to:
- Set the Society’s investment strategy in conjunction with the Chief Actuary, With-profits Actuary and Investment Committee;
- Monitor the activity and fund performance of the Society’s investment portfolios in line with agreed benchmarks and ensuring they are managed in line with fund mandates;
- Provide strategic asset allocation advice to the Investment Committee;
- Be the main point of contact with external fund managers/advisors, reviewing their performance, reports, and monitoring all activity.
- Attend Investment Committee meetings (generally 4 per year) and advise on all aspects of investment matters.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a track record of success in an investment environment and have experience of managing investment funds in a long term business insurance company. Knowledge of Solvency 2 capital management, asset liability management, and how they impact and interact with the investment strategy for an insurance fund is paramount. In addition they will need to demonstrate excellent management and presentation skills, and the intellect and ethical standards expected of a Senior Manager under the FCA and PRA regulatory regimes.
The successful applicants will be expected to attend an average of four Investment Committee meetings at Head Office in Southampton each year, plus additional meetings/days as required.
Please note this is a part-time role of 2-3 days per month.
To apply please submit your CV with a covering letter to Paul Osborn, Chief Executive, via email only to his PA - Dee Turtle at firstname.lastname@example.org
A job specification is available upon request – please contact Dee at the address above.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 15 September 2017.
How to find us: