A GP who is always available… too good to be true?
Friday, January 24, 2014
Around 27 million NHS patients in England will have to wait a week or more to see their GP this year, according to the Royal College of General Practitioners. But if you're a Foresters' member, you can have access to a doctor 24/7/365.
Waiting times expected to increase
Over 26 million people waited more than a week to see their GP in 2013. What's more, 71% of family doctors expect waiting times to get longer over the next two years.
Is there another option?
Well, if you are a Foresters' member, there is, because one of the benefits of becoming a member is that you have access to medical advice around the clock, every day of the year via the Foresters' GP Consultation Service.
How does it work?
- There's one number to call, whether you're at home, at work or even on holiday abroad.
- You are guaranteed access to a qualified, practicing doctor, and can talk to them for as long as you like, and call them back whenever you want - there's no limit to the number of consultations you can have.
- The service includes diagnosis, reassurance about any health concerns and an explanation of any medication or treatment options prescribed.
- Prescriptions can be delivered direct to you by secure first class post.
What if I prefer to talk to someone face-to-face?
When you want to talk face-to-face with a doctor, the Foresters' GP Consultation Service offers this too, via a webcam*.
comments powered by
A doctor who is always with you?
Like the idea of a doctor who travels with you? Thanks to the latest technology, now you can. Simply add the Foresters' GP Surgery Icon, which is just like an app, on the homescreen of your smartphone and/or PC, laptop or tablet, providing a shortcut to the GP Surgery microsite. This contains everything you need to use the service, including how to arrange a GP appointment.
The membership benefits we provide aren't regulated and are regularly reviewed by us to ensure they are relevant to our members.
* The online face-to-face consultation service via webcam is available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.30pm, excluding Bank Holidays.
Source: Royal College of General Practitioners
Waiting times: how long do you wait to see your GP?
- Within 24 hours
- 1-2 days
- Up to 4 days
- Up to a week
- More than a week
Let us know how long it usually takes you to get an appointment with your GP by commenting below.