Guarantees to protect against rising funeral costs
The Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity can save both money and worry as the cost of the specified funeral services are fixed at today’s price. Once fully paid, your family will never be asked to pay a penny more for the services included in the plan, no matter when the funeral takes place and how much prices rise in the future.
Guaranteed acceptance for those aged 50 and over
If you are aged 50 or over, you can apply, confident in the knowledge that you’ll be accepted to the plan. There are no health restrictions and no medical questions to answer.
Peace of mind for your loved ones
When the time comes, all it takes is one phone call to Dignity to set the plan in motion. One of Dignity’s established national network of owned and approved funeral directors will then see to the arrangements, consulting with your family at every stage and offer helpful advice and guidance throughout, leaving your family free to focus on their own personal tributes.
You can personalise your funeral
You can record special requests to your Prepaid Funeral Plan from Dignity so we can advise your loved ones when the time comes. You can begin with the essentials like whether you’d like to be cremated or buried, or if you would like a religious or non-religious service. You can choose to document as much or as little as you would like. Any costs incurred from these requests such as a floral tribute may not be covered by the plan and will have to be paid for at the time of the funeral. Alternatively, you can contribute towards the cost of these on the Amber, Pearl and Diamond Plans, and the amount you've contributed will rise in line with RPI inflation. You cannot make any additional contributions to the Limited Plan. If you would like to change your special requests at any time, you can do so with no administration fee being charged.
Your money's in safe hands
The money paid for each Prepaid Funeral Plan goes directly into the National Funeral Trust. Here the money required for the funeral is securely and carefully managed to ensure that all of the funeral services in the plan can be paid for in the future. The Trust is independently managed by some of the most respected names in the financial industry to make sure that Planholders’ money is properly protected.
Four funeral plans to choose from
You have four funeral plans to choose from and they each include arrangements for a cremation or burial funeral.
Click here to download a comparison of the four plans
Simply choose the plan that is right for you. Once you’ve paid for your plan Dignity will deliver all the services listed within your chosen plan, no matter how far in the future that may be.
What’s not included in your plan?
- Embalming, burial plot, memorial or headstone, flower, catering/wake
- Repatriation from outside mainland Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Jersey, the Isle of Man or the Isle of Wight
- Costs for removing artificial limbs and mechanisms such as pacemakers
- Costs associated with changes in regulations, tax, laws or generally accepted practices that result in additional costs or affect the conduct of the funeral
- Any additional charge for conducting the burial, cremation or funeral service on a weekend or public holiday or at an unusual hour
- Doctor’s or coroner’s fee
This list is not exhaustive, so please refer to the Terms & Conditions, available in the Prepaid Funeral Plan brochure for further information.
Medical certification fees
For deaths where a coroner investigation is required, there are no medical certification fees. Also, changes to legislation in May 2015 mean there will no longer be a charge for a medical certification for any deaths registered in Scotland. Similar legal changes are being considered for the rest of the UK, so we do not include provision for these fees in our plans. If the funeral takes place outside of Scotland, and a coroner is not involved, then if applicable, the medical certification fees must be paid by the next of kin or personal representative, when arranging the funeral.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions, available in the Prepaid Funeral Plan brochure for more details.
What are the prices of the plans?
The Prepaid Funeral Plans are designed to meet our customer’s different requirements and budgets. For example you can make a single payment or spread the cost of your plan over 12 monthly instalments. The prices for these options are:
The prices listed above are the full plan price and are valid as at 1st May 2019. Prices are subject to review by Dignity. If at the point of application the Plan price has changed for any reason, we will advise you of this before we set up your plan and there will be no obligation for you to continue.
Longer fixed instalment terms are available provided that all payments over any instalment term longer than 12 months are completed by the 85th birthday of the eldest person named on the plan and the instalment term does not exceed the maximum term available. Plans purchased over a period greater than 12 months will incur a fee.
You’ll have access to loads of unique extras
By taking out a Prepaid Funeral Plan, you automatically become a Foresters member, if you aren’t already a member, for the lifetime of your plan. And with membership you’ll get access to a range of brilliant extras that can give you support and assistance when you need it.
Practical help and emotional support from a personal nurse adviser is available for any member with a serious health condition.
Foresters Care gives you access to your own Personal Nurse Adviser who can support by:
- Providing long term practical advice and emotional support when you need it most
- Helping you make the most of mainstream services such as the NHS, specialist charities and social services
- Where appropriate, arranging for you to speak with a specialist nurse or organising an assessed course of therapy or counselling.
- Social and community events
- We have 189 branches all over Britain and each one holds regular social and community events. When you join Foresters Friendly Society, you’ll become a member of a branch and you can attend any event held by that, or any other, branch anywhere in the UK.
We all experience times in our life where we need some support at home, but who do you ask? Our Foresters Help at Home service has the answer. Through Help at Home members have access to up to 24 hours’ support in a two year period to provide care and support to suit your needs. You can arrange assistance for things like:
- Washing, bathing, dressing and other personal care
- Cleaning, laundry and domestic chores
- Arranging appointments, food shopping and prescription collection.
- Financial grants for dental and health care
We offer a number of discretionary financial grants for members, which include:
- Foresters Support Fund - helps our adult members in times of hardship by paying up to £2,000 to assist with difficult times.
- Educational Award Fund - members aged 16 and over, who are studying for a recognised qualification, can request a grant of up to £220 a year for a full-time or part-time course.
- Our discretionary Convalescent Grants assist members recuperating after short or long illnesses by providing a stay in a convalescent home free of charge.
- Foresters Child Support Fund - supports young members with a discretionary grant of up to £1,000 every year until their 19th birthday to help them get a better start in life. We can support children who:
- Have lost one parent or both parents
- Have parents that are incapacitated
- Are incapacitated or have special needs themselves
- Are carers.
- We also offer discretionary grants to help towards the costs of dental and optical care.
Membership benefits are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority or Prudential Regulation Authority and are regularly reviewed by us to ensure they are relevant to our members.
When you take out a pre-paid funeral plan through Foresters, if not already, you’ll automatically become a member of Foresters Friendly Society. You’ll receive a year’s free Fraternal Membership, which would normally cost £25 a year. Your membership will allow you to benefit from most of the discretionary benefits on offer subject to eligibility, as well as getting involved with the great range of social events available. If you choose not to continue your membership after the first year, this will not affect your Funeral Plan, which will of course continue as per the terms and conditions of this product.