Foresters Friendly Society is based in central Southampton and is easily accessible by public transport. We offer a friendly, relaxed and pleasant environment to work in, as well as an active social committee who frequently organise staff events.
Please find below links to the current career opportunities available with us.
Head Office Vacancies
We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst to join the Actuarial team in our Southampton Head Office.
The Actuarial team provides the Society with a comprehensive in-house actuarial service and the successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of actuarial work for the society - something that a much larger organisation cannot easily provide.
- Support production of the Society's reporting requirements: annual report and accounts, quarterly Solvency II and other regulatory reporting, annual Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and business plan, and monthly management information.
- Support regular activities: annual and final bonus reviews, experience analyses, COBS 20 and PPFM compliance reviews, product reviews and pricing, run-off plans, product literature and illustration updates.
- Support the investment team by providing relevant information, as and when required.
- Contribute to the Actuarial department maintaining operational business continuity procedures.
- Provide actuarial support and input to projects, as required.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree - preferably within a numerate or analytical subject.
- Part-qualified and studying towards the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries examinations (Fellowship or CAA), e.g. completed the Core Principles exams, or Modules 1-4 for CAA qualification.
- Exposure to Actuarial techniques work to date.
- Experience of with-profits funds (preferable).
Knowledge and Skills
- Policy valuation calculations.
- Policy pricing calculations (not essential).
- Experience analysis (not essential).
- Knowledge of Prophet software (preferable).
Please contact Nick Warr, Head of Actuarial for full job specification and further information.
The closing date for applications is 5 May 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!
High Chief Ranger
HCR Nomination Form
High Sub Chief Ranger
The role of the High Sub-Chief Ranger is to offer support to the High Chief Ranger in their year of Office and begin the preparation for the following year when they will stand for election to become High Chief Ranger. Head office support is provided to Members who hold the Offices of High Chief Ranger and High Sub-Chief Ranger. The position attracts remuneration of £3,100 for the year plus expenses.
Any Member interested in becoming High Sub-Chief Ranger is invited to make an application to the Board of Directors. If you require further information about the role please contact the present High Sub-Chief Ranger Michael Charlton-Hubble by email at email@example.com or the current High Chief Ranger, Andrew Pooley, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to discuss the role in more detail.
A simplified application process has been designed which involves a basic application form and the requirement to complete a short statement setting out what the applicant can contribute to the Society. Once completed, the candidate must be nominated by their Court, and a respective resolution passed at the Court Annual General Meeting, in accordance with Rule 19.5 of the Society.
Application packs and role profiles are are available to download below, and are also available from this office by telephoning 02380 216868 or by email to email@example.com.
Completed applications must be received by the Company Secretary by 5pm on Friday 26 April 2019.
The Nominations Committee will conduct interviews on Tuesday 30 April and Wednesday 1 May 2019. Successful candidates will be nominated for election at the 2019 High Court.
HSCR Role Brief
HCR Role Brief
Equal Opportunties Form
Fit & Proper Form
Court Secretary - Bargoed
Being a member of Foresters Friendly Society is incredibly rewarding, allowing you to share your skills, give back to your community and make new friends.
We’re currently looking for a Secretary/Administrator for our Bargoed branch, to begin on 1st January 2020. You will need good organisational skills, basic financial skills and the ability to enthuse and socialise with people.
The position is homebased and offers an Honorarium and expenses for 10 hours per week of circa £5,000 p/a. Training will be provided.
To apply for this role or seek more information, please email Gail Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 August 2019.
How to find us: